FlashWars

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I finally wrote my own collision detection engine from scratch. This game may or may not mimic another game for a certain unnamed console. Earth is being attacked and it's up to you to save the world! There are two bosses you'll have to face before the earth can be set free of impending Armageddon via meteor attack! Get as many points as you can in order to reach them! High score is also implemented into the game(although I think my server is currently down, so you can play, but no high score).
I've implemented a few new ideas into the game. Time bombs, lasers, bosses and background graphics to name a few. A mouse is pretty much required to play this game, because you click and hold to shoot. Moving the mouse will move the direction of fire. You can toggle special weapons with "1", "2", and "3", while "W", "A", "S", and "D", move the player around the screen. Give it a try, just click on the picture!

The game actually ended up being a lot more work than I had originally planned. A lot of trig went into the enemy chase movements, as well as the firing direction.
It just needs music now....

The enemy graphics were created in flash, while the background images and some boss graphics were created in Blender
The Earth is from my Papervision Phong Shader demo. I found an Earth cloud map and warped it to the earth in Photoshop.

26 Actionscript classes, 1598 lines of code. I tried really hard to keep it as efficient as possible.

If anyone has any questions about the game or its collision detection engine, feel free to contact me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment